Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Florida trip

The day after David and I returned from Boston I took the kids by myself to Orlando, Florida.  My dad and stepmom live there and my grandmother was staying with them for a little over a month.  My Maggie is named after my grandmother Maggie.  They are both named Marguerite but both go by Maggie.  My grandma had not met Maggie and I wanted them to meet and for my grandmother to see my boys again since they were older.  I knew it would be tough flying by myself but would be worth it to see my grandmother and it was definitely worth it.
Flying solo with 3 kids...prayers would be greatly appreciated.
We took up quite a bit of space waiting on the plane to land at Memphis airport. Untitled
As I said...so worth it to capture this photo. My grandmother LOVED seeing all 3 of my children. Marguerite meet Marguerite. Worth the solo flight with 3 kids to see my beautiful grandmother meet my precious daughter. #tearsofjoy
They were smitten with each other!
Untitled Untitled Untitled
Seeing my 3 children with the most influential person in my life are memories I will cherish forever! Memories I will cherish forever!  So thankful they are getting to know the most influential person in my life.
Sheryl, my stepmother bought the boys some fun toys to play with and they had a lot of fun playing with the gum lips.
Untitled Untitled Untitled
I think my grandmother often thought my kids were crazy. Untitled
Maggie liked the feel of the grass on her legs and in her hands. Untitled Untitled
This is my dad's backyard. Isn't it gorgeous? Untitled
We woke up each morning to a beautiful sunrise. Untitled Untitled
The boys and I went on a couple walks while Maggie was napping. We enjoyed seeing the animals that would come to greet us.
Untitled
This is the view from the other side of the lake back to my dad's house.
Untitled
My grandmother loved to hold Maggie.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
We took the kids go cart riding one afternoon. They LOVED it! Untitled Untitled
I even took Maggie.  It was hilarious.  She didn't know what to think.
Untitled
Austin was able to drive all by himself because he was 5.  He thought he was hot stuff!
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
I tried to get a picture of my dad and Miller from over the back of my cart.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Part 2 of the Florida trip coming later!

No comments: