Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Austin's grade went on a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch the Wednesday before Fall Break.  I went along for the ride and had a lot of fun!
IMG_9325 IMG_9342 IMG_9344 Untitled
If you ask Austin his favorite part of the day he will tell you riding the bus.  The grade rented a Greyhound bus and we all rode together on them.  I love the little joys of children.  IMG_9327 IMG_9328 IMG_9329
They had all kinds of activities like shucking corn, playing on the playground, swinging on a tire swing, and playing corn hole. IMG_9330 IMG_9332 IMG_9335 Untitled Untitled
We then took a hayride out to find the "perfect pumpkin".  Austin took forever to find the perfect one but loved the one he finally picked.  IMG_9336 IMG_9337 IMG_9339
10 minutes before we were about to leave I see him walk over to me with a sad face.  I realize as he is getting closer that he is soaking wet.  He supposedly fell in the large corn trough filled to the brim with water.  I had no other clothes but thankfully a sweet friend had a change of clothes and let us borrow them.  The funny thing is that the last JK function he went to he also fell in water and became soaked from head to toe.  I have learned my lesson and will now take extra clothes on JK functions.

No comments: