Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pinterest projects

Here is a list of the projects I have done that were inspired by Pinterest.

Using peeps for decoration in a flower arrangement -
Pinterest:
Source: bing.com via Brittany on Pinterest
My flower arrangement using peeps
IMG_6295

Using plastic eggs for educational purposes
Pinterest:


My eggs for educational purpose - matching upper case and lower case letters on an egg.  I used scrap book paper letters you would find at Michael's and matched them up and then pulled them apart for Austin to put back together for a match.  



Some really good recipes I have found from Pinterest.
Bunny Bait recipe from Pinterest - I didn't take a picture of mine but it was good.

Making a Thankful Banner-
Pinterest:  



I have made a banner for a few holidays over our window. IMG_4651   
IMG_5021


The Burn Book
Pinterest: 



















Our Burn Book:


Shamrocks
Pinterest: 

Instead of saying lucky we said happy:
Austin's 4 leaf clover


The Thankful tree-
Pinterest:
Our Thankful Tree:
IMG_4844

Making a book out of your Christmas cards-
Pinterest:
We made ours into a prayer book so each night we turn to the next card and pray for that family on the card.  It has been a great visual tool for my boys to know how and who they are praying for.  
IMG_6294

Prayer pail with prayer sticks:
Pinterest:




Our prayer pail with sticks: the boys pick 3 sticks at night along with the prayer card that we pray for.  Another great visual tool for praying.  
IMG_6293 IMG_6292

Husband cute notes-
Saw this on Pinterest and thought it was cute.  I didn't take a picture of mine but enjoyed doing it for David.  


T-shirt Superhero capes-
Pinterest:

Source: thesoutherninstitute.com via Brittany on Pinterest
Our capes:
IMG_5615

Painting your name on a canvas with tape-
Pinterest:
Our canvas:
IMG_5726


Craft letters-
Pinterest:

Our letters:
IMG_4972

Sending a hug through the mail-I can't find where I pinned it on Pinterest but I'm pretty sure thats where I found the idea.
Our hug: We did handprints from each child and tied them together with ribbon and then mailed them to the grandparents for Valentine's Day.  
IMG_5924

Would love to hear about some of your creative Pinterest ideas...or you may not even need Pinterest to inspire you to be creative.  Feel free to post some in the comments section!  Happy pinning!

2 comments:

ashleywheatley said...

this is fabulous! you gave me so many ideas! good job b!!
we also made the bunny bait yesterday! it was yummy!

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

I am so impressed. Pinterest overwhelms me sometimes. Too many good ideas! I'm really wishing I hadn't thrown away all our Christmas cards now. That's a fantastic use for them1