Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Thursday, March 1, 2012

rest of ski trip

After breakfast on Sunday we then suited everyone up in their snow gear and played outside. IMG_5993
Miller was in rare form. He was exhausted so he didn't want to do anything. He would cry if he was being held, cry if he was down, cry if he went inside, cry if he was outside. It wasn't the most enjoyable time but we wanted Austin to have fun so we just pushed through hoping he would start enjoying himself.  He didn't ever start enjoying himself.
Our friends the Meduris played outside with us throughout the morning. IMG_5994
David and Chris pulled the kids around in the sled while David held Miller because he didn't want to be put down.
We went to the resort hoping to ice skate but the rink wasn't totally frozen. They had soaked it with water and it wasn't ready yet. Not sure why they soaked it with water on a weekend when people wanted to skate but we went with it. We instead decided to go sledding down the hill behind the resort. I wasn't sure what Austin would think of it but decided to give it a shot. He LOVED it! I don't know if I have ever seen him laugh that hard. It was precious! IMG_6006 IMG_6008 IMG_6010 IMG_6013 IMG_6014
I had no control of which way we went or how we ended up at the bottom. IMG_6015 IMG_6016 IMG_6019 IMG_6020 IMG_6024
Austin got off the ground after our crash and proceeded to throw himself down again. He thought it was so fun to roll around in the snow. IMG_6025 IMG_6027
After the crash he had some snow in his mouth and was upset about it so I showed him that eating snow was ok and actually tasted pretty good.  Just don't eat the yellow snow.  He then started feeding me tons of snow.
IMG_6035 IMG_6036
Since the trip he has told me at least 15 times that you shouldn't eat yellow snow.  I have to agree with him. =)
Audra and I rested at the bottom of the hill for a while and let the daddy's play with the kids. IMG_6039
Miller never got down out of David's arms.
IMG_5999 IMG_6001  IMG_6004
We let the kids nap at the cabin while the adults rested and had uninterrupted conversations. After the kids woke up we packed our stuff and hit the road. We returned to Boston a little after bedtime so immediately put them to sleep. Around 1:30 am I heard Miller cry out really loudly so I ran in to his room and I was greeted immediately with a terrible smell. Miller had gotten sick all over himself and the crib. For the next 2 hours David and I went through the process of cleaning him and his stuff up 4 or 5 times. Everytime we would think he was better he would get sick again 20 minutes later. It was a rough night but eventually he stopped and slept the rest of the night. The next morning he was almost completely better. Sweet Austin didn't even wake up until the very end and was sweet as could be about going back to sleep.  It put a little damper on the weekend but overall it was a wonderful weekend with memories that we will cherish forever.

1 comment:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Fun trip! Poor Miller...I guess that's why he didn't want to play in the snow. So glad he's better!