Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Update on Katie

From her husband Jeremy.  Sent this morning around 7:30 am.  I've been at bible study so that's why I'm just now posting.  Thank you for continuing to pray for her recovery.

Last night went very good. Katie is in quite a bit of pain, so they have kept her on heavy pain medication. However, she is talking when you wake her up, she knows where she is at, and she can move all her limbs.  About 4 am they took her for an MRI. I spoke with on of the resident doctors who was in the surgery and he looked at the MRI. He said he couldn't see any tumor!  There is a small area he is not sure about that could be part of the tumor, but we are talking at least a 99% resection which is far better than I hoped. 

We hope to have another discussion with Dr. Thompson about the MRI, and the plan today is to get Katie up and to the bathroom. Mary Nita and Jimbo (Katie's parents) braved the waiting room all night while I was able to sprawl out in the luxury of the nuero ICU. They are getting some much deserved time with their daughter. This place is amazing. All the staff have been wonderful, and we have been so blessed to have familiar faces of staff we know stop by.  

More to come.....
Jeremy Creech