Comfort and Joy

I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will
give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

Monday, March 19, 2012

We finished!

We finished the 1/2 marathon on Sunday.  I am more sore than I have ever been in my life but I finished.  I am proud of us for numerous reasons:
1.  We committed to something and really did it.
2.  We finished the race without walking or stopping.
3.  We ran faster than we thought we would.
Here are some pictures I took with my phone.  When I have more time I will upload the pictures from my camera.  There are a lot from this past weekends trip and race.  Stay tuned for more.

Before the race I saw this quote on the back of a t-shirt and it was exactly how I was feeling.
How we feel about today's 1/2 marathon.
Audra, Stephanie, and I before the race
Before the 1/2 marathon
Audra and I at the finish line (Stephanie had to head back to Boston for a meeting) We finished!
Our cheering squad minus Stephanie's crew and my mom and Audra's mom
The cheering squad plus the runners
My lifesaver right now
My lifesaver right now.

No comments: